Last Updated on February 26, 2021
With a cold air intake system, you can help your engine breathe. The cold air pulling system will pull fresh air into the engine and help to burn fuel more effectively.
So by installing one in your car, you’ll get better fuel consumption, more torque power, smoother acceleration, and even better engine sound.
We have all the useful suggestions for you right here. So forget about all the other Spectre cold air intake reviews, and hop into it straightaway.
Spectre Cold Air Intake Reviews
If your high-powered engine has been acting up lately, then get a fitting cold air intake kit for it, and all will be good as new again. Check out the list below to find the one that fits your car’s model.
1. SPE-9900 Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
Everything gets better when you install this performance-enhancing air intake kit in your car. From the get-go, you’ll notice the sound of your engine to improve, higher efficiency at fuel consumption, smoother acceleration, and much less drag when driving uphill.
This air intake kit has been tested with a dynamometer, and the results have revealed that it gives your engine a boost in torque, power, and speed. The kit increases airflow through the engine by 50%, and this makes the fuel burn completely without producing harmful gases like carbon monoxide.
Thus, it prevents the engine from getting clogged and further protects it from accumulating debris in the long run so that it has a longer lifetime.
This intake system will be suitable for Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, and many other cars made between the years of 1999 and 2007.
Using this is super convenient because it doesn’t require you to go through much maintenance – no cleaning is required until the first 100,000 miles have been covered.
The intake supply has a high performing advanced synthetic filter system that will keep away harmful contaminants and work effectively for a great range of miles.
Another advantage is that the Spectre Air Intake Kit can be installed without help from professionals. It’s an easy bolt-on system that only requires the use of hand tools for installation.
- Gives a high torque power and speed
- Can be set up using hand tools at home
- Increases airflow in the engine by 50%
- No cleaning required for up to 100,000 miles
- Improves the engine sound and performance
- Protects your engine from collecting contaminants
- Has an advanced synthetic oiled filter which works effectively with minimum maintenance
- Rubber cracks with some kits
2. SPE-9976 Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
If your engine is slowing down, then it’s time to get an air intake system to boost up its veins. The Spectre Performance Intake Kit is perfect for FORD F150 vehicles that are modeled between the years 2011 and 2014. After installing this system, your engine will improve in many ways.
It will have better fuel consumption and more torque capacity. You can get more mileage out of your car with the same amount of fuel as it needed before.
On top of that, you won’t need to clean out the filter that often either. A film of synthetic media, urethane, and steel mesh has been used as the filter – this combination effectively catches all the debris and contaminants and thus allows the air valve to operating smoothly.
You won’t have to worry about cleaning this out before you cover 100,000 miles with the intake installed in your Ford.
- Increases engine capacity and torque power
- The oiled filter makes it more efficient at filtering
- Filter has been dyed to prevent fading and corrosion
- Protects the engine from toxic debris and contaminants
- Instructions will be difficult to follow for beginners
3. SPE-9006 Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
This version of the air intake Spectre kit will be fit for more recent Chevrolets, Cadillacs, and GMCs, particularly those that were manufactured between 2014 to 2019. Like the previous ones we discussed above, this one will also give your car a boost in performance that you won’t fail to notice in any way.
The engine will sound better, you will need to pump less oil into the engine, and it will also lower maintenance hassles to a great degree.
For one, this air intake system will get cold air and make it flow into the engine so that it has a higher rate of complete combustion. This will prevent the engine from producing harmful gases like carbon monoxide, and thus your vehicle will perform much better.
If you are not getting good mileage out of your engine, then installing this air valve will definitely solve that problem.
- Improves the sound during shifts
- Engine will have better combustion rates
- Gives your car more mileage and horsepower
- Acceleration and uphill driving will be much smoother
- High-quality filter will keep the intake system clean for longer periods
- Difficult installation
4. SPE-9934 Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
This cold air system will be compatible with cars made by Dodge and Ram between the years 2009 and 2018. It is a smooth functioning air valve attachment that will keep your engine healthy and your car performing at its best capabilities.
A very low maintenance high-quality synthetic material has been used to make the filter of this system, and this will rigorously filter out any of the harmful contaminants that might be damaging the potential of your engine. As a result, it will give you great strong thrust and torque power as well.
With not much struggle for the engine to overcome, there will be an improvement in its sound as well. So, the whole experience of driving the car will become smoother and more manageable to you.
- Improves engine sound
- The car will have more mileage
- Gives powerful torque and higher fuel efficiency
- Accelerating and moving uphill will be less of a drag
- Low maintenance filter system that doesn’t require cleaning before 100,000 miles
- Confusing instructions
- Fitting is difficult for beginners
5. SPE-9028 Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
If you have a Chrysler or a Dodge modeled between 2011 and 2019, then this air intake system will be the right fit for it. These cool air systems are always beneficial for cars, and with the high-quality build of this intake kit, your car will have all the advantages of fresh air ventilation.
The cool air will get into the engine and help it to burn fuel more efficiently. It will not allow any incomplete combustion to take place; as a result, you will get more mileage with the same amount of fuel that you used to put in before.
This filter is made of a high-resilience synthetic mesh fiber, which has then been oiled to facilitate its functional capability. This filtering system is quite diligent at keeping away dust and pollutants from the engine.
But the best part about it is that it requires very low maintenance. You won’t need to clean it before covering as much as 100,000 miles with it.
- Helps your engine get more torque and horsepower
- Keeps the engine clean and gives the car more mileage
- Filter doesn’t require cleaning for the first 100,000 miles
- Makes towing easier – acceleration and uphill climbs get smoother
- Tubing heats up quite quickly
Without proper maintenance, the engine of yours will slow down and become inefficient with time.
So, getting a cold air intake system is highly recommended – they’ll improve horsepower and ensure good airflow through the engine so that the car has more mileage.
We hope our Spectre cold air intake reviews have helped you decide which one you need for your car. Goodluck.