Basically, all four-wheel vehicles are designed with a disc brake system. However, brake pads are prone to wear and tear especially if it has been used for a long time. Your brake pads would then need replacement.
Ask any car owner — brake pads are actually one of the most frequently replaced car parts. Car brakes provide your car the friction necessary for you to slow down and stop the vehicle. So, it’s used every single time you drive.
You’ll know when your car brake pads need replacement when your car screeches or squeals like a famished pig. Yes, that annoying or irritating sound is a tell-tale sign that your car brake pads need to be replaced right away.
Looking for the best brake pads for jeep wrangler JK may be a tedious process – but it’s a necessary evil to keep your vehicle in top-notch condition.
Best Brake Pads for Jeep Wrangler JK
Life spans of braking pads vary depending on your driving behavior or pattern. Choosing the right brake pad could be a trivial conquest.
However, we have made it all easy for you with this quick and detailed guide. Check out the top options outlined below so you would know which brake pads suit your ride the most.
1. Power Stop K2798 Front & Rear Brake Kit
Stopping your car’s momentum would need the best car brakes in the market, K2798 Front & Rear Brake Kit can definitely slow down or stop your car completely without difficulty.
This brake pad also produces minimal noise given normal driving conditions. Moreover, this also emits very little dust while braking.
If you are looking for a brake upgrade, then this is the perfect choice for you. This kit has ceramic-made brake pads that are also infused with carbon fiber that enhances braking power and drivability.
Rotors are zinc-plated that help to prevent rust formation. This protective powder coating strengthens, avoid corrosion, and increase the lifespan of your brake pads.
- Global reputation as an industry leader in braking pads
- Smooth braking performance
- Can endure long drives and hard terrains
- Emits low dust; with average 30% less dust than OE (tested in Los Angeles)
- Complete kit for installation; with slotted and drilled rotors included
- Zinc-plated rotors to prevent rusting
- Comes with ceramic brake lubricant and installation hardware made of stainless steel
- Affordable price
- Easy installation
- Minimal fading on brakes noted
2. Power Stop K2798-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front and Rear Brake Kit
What’s the catch? There’s no hype in this at all. If you are looking for quick wins on braking performance, then this would be the ultimate brake kit for you. The brake pads in this kit provide your ride the upgrade it needs to withstand rigors of heavy braking for off-road vehicles like tow trucks.
It is engineered with your safety in mind. This is also low-noise and produces minimal dust and vibration, which gives you that smooth ride. The rubberized shims make way for smooth and noise-free braking. And the zinc-plated brake rotors protect your brake pads from rust, which promotes durability.
- Rotors are zinc-plated which effectively shields against rust
- Silent braking initiated with its dual-layer, high-temperature, and rubberized multilayer shims
- Simple installation
- Designed for smooth braking with heavier loads
- Guaranteed low-dust braking mechanism
- Performance tested for tow/haul use
- Provides the right brake torque needed for rough terrains
- Kit includes new pin bushings, matched brake pads, and rotors, high-temperature brake lubricant, as well as
- stainless steel hardware.
- Some parts don’t fit well
3. For 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler, Wrangler JK Front Rear Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Pads
This eLine Series Brake Kit won’t disappoint you when it comes to stopping power and efficiency. Features cross-drilled rotors that are designed for cooling and prevent any cracking. It is also equipped with a Diamond Slot Technology that ensures brake pads are dust-protected and durable.
This is available in Black, Silver, and Gold colors.
- Zinc-plated to prevent any corrosion or rust
- Enhanced stopping power or braking performance
- Easy installation
- Cheaper than other brands
- Drilled holes designed to reduce heat stress and avoid cracks
- Diamond-slotted to protect and increase the efficiency of brake pads
- Not durable enough for an average user
- Emits loud screeching noise and dust after a few months
4. Power Stop K3097 Front Brake Kit
You can’t dismiss the value of having high-quality brake pads for your vehicle. It doesn’t just power up your braking performance and equilibrium on the road but also protect you and your loved ones from accidents.
With that in mind, investing in this Brake system is one of the best moves you can do for your vehicle. There are no modifications needed for this brake pad system. It’s the brake upgrade that your car needs for a drawstring budget.
This does not just accelerate braking performance but also maximizes your car’s protection from dust and rust. It’s a practical buy as the kit includes the following: installation hardware, 2 slotted and drilled brake rotors, brake lubrication, and brake pad sets.
- Gives a bang for your buck!
- Silver zinc dichromate plating for aesthetics and rust prevention
- Rounded slots ensure smooth braking and a safe drive
- With a carbon-fiber ceramic formula to boost braking efficiency
- Impressive stopping performance with heavy load or mountainous terrains
- Versatile brake pads that can work for small to medium vehicles as well as heavy-duty vehicles.
- Superb cooling efficiency on rotors
- Not for long-term use
5. Wagner ThermoQuiet QC1274 Ceramic Disc Pad Set, Rear
Quality is always a top priority when shopping for braking pads – and Wagner is a trusted brand in the braking industry. It provides customers high-quality brake pads that adhere to the strict industry manufacturing standards.
It’s durable and has impressive braking performance, which exceeds expectations. Furthermore, it’s integrated with Integrally Molded Sound Insulator (IMI) technology with heavy-duty brake pads for that enhanced stopping power.
The product reduces braking distance while its signature rubber core shim helps promote safe and silent braking. Brake pads are also accurately configured to fit your vehicle; with no modifications necessary.
This dampens the noise and minimizes brake dust. You can always expect a smooth stop every time you press on the brakes.
- Long-lasting performance
- Robust braking capacity
- Reduces noise and vibration
- Functional one-piece design
- Includes complete stainless steel hardware
- Features application-specific design to create a quieter operation
- Can be used by any vehicle type
- Easy installation
- High temperature does not affect braking efficiency
- More pricey than other brands
6. Akebono ACT1274 Proact Ultra Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Kit
Do you want to upgrade your worn-out and old brake pads for a new set of brake pads? Then this best-selling brake pad kit from Akebono is an easy choice. Well, this happens to be an OEM supplier for giant brands like Ford, Chrysler, and Audi. More so, it’s dubbed as the biggest brake manufacturer in the world.
Expect nothing less than optimal performance with this brake pad kit. The Pro-ACT premium ceramic brake pads ensure top-caliber braking performance and quieter technology. It’s also fade-resistant and reduces dust buildup for a cleaner wheel and more efficient stopping performance.
With more than 75 years in the industry, you are guaranteed with safe and superior quality brake pad sets that meet OE design and manufacturing standards. You are dealing with brake experts that boast with precision, consistency, and durability in brake pad performance.
- Global expertise and industry leader in the braking industry
- Creator and innovator of ceramic pad technology
- Whisper-like or quiet technology
- Smooth and consistent stopping power
- Designed for long-term performance; durable
- Meets stringent OE design, fit, quality, and performance requirements
- Some hardware is missing on the kit
7. EBC Brakes DP61799 6000 Series Greenstuff Truck and SUV Rear Brake Pad
This is considered one of the best brake pads that can be used on all types of vehicles and road types. It has impressive stopping performance and precision even with sudden braking.
Moreover, this works with heavy loads and even in extreme climatic conditions. You can say that this built both for the busy streets and rough terrains.
This is an eco-friendly brake pad kit that comes with a green powder coating for longer brake life. Designed with noise-reducing shims, this kit ensures quieter operation with zero vibration. It’s also fade-proof, as well as dust- and rust-resistant.
It has an easy and no-brainer installation feature that doesn’t require you to break in your brake pads.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable option
- Reliable braking power and performance
- Decreased brake dust
- Silent operation
- Zero vibration
- Minimized brake fade
- Can work in extreme temperatures
- Easy installation process; plug-and-play concept
- Works in streets and tracks
- Poor instructions
- A bit expensive than other brands
8. Hawk Performance HB608Y.630 LTS Brake Pad
Expect only top-notch braking efficiency from Hawk Performance. Its ceramic brake pads have high friction levels and guaranteed low-noise and low-dust performance.
This amplifies stopping power while also dissipates heat. It’s a heavy-duty brake pad that works great in trucks, SUVs, and other types of vehicles.
- Great value for money
- No brake dust
- Noiseless operation
- Great brake bite and stopping power
- Can work on heavy loads and cold temperature levels
- Easy installation
- Tends to get noisy over time
9. ACDelco 14D1273CH Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set
This is also one of the best and trusted expert brands in the braking industry. With its professional ceramic lineup of brake pad sets, this specific pad set has been tested and passed with flying colors in Noise/Vibration/Harshness or NVH, braking efficiency, quality assurance, and durability.
It’s one of the few brake pad kits that you can trust in terms of performance, reliability, and safety. These brake pads are equipped with premium slots, shims, and chamfers to ensure precise pad movement and enhanced stopping power.
It has a stamped backing plate that helps protect against premature wear and tear as well as ensure silent operation.
- Trusted brand in the braking industry
- Makes use of only the premium slots, shims, and chamfers
- Minimizes braking harshness
- Reduced vibration
- No brake dust
- Value for money
- Plug-and-play installation; no machining necessary
- Produces some noise over time
10. Bosch BP477 QuietCast Premium Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pad Set
If you are looking for a mix of braking performance, durability, and affordability, then this would be your best bet. It features advanced semi-metallic and NAO-ceramic formulas for brake pads to ensure optimal stopping power.
This has a coating that inhibits rust and also dampens noise. Included in the kit is a complete set of hardware such as chamfers and slots, and synthetic lubricants.
- Budget-friendly option
- Optimal braking performance
- Noiseless performance
- Quick and easy installation process
- Tested and engineered in adherence to the highest quality standards in brake pad sets
- Some parts don’t fit perfectly
- Would need extra lubricant
Considering all the pros and cons of these brake pads, the Akebono ACT1274 Proact Ultra Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Kit is a surefire winner for me. For one, it’s undeniably the expert and trustworthy brand out there.
It has been around for over 75 years in the braking industry which means it has earned its stripes over the years.
And it has impeccable braking power and consistency which also has quiet operation, fade-proof, dust-free, and has potent stopping power which keeps you safe in the streets or tracks. It has everything you need in a brake pad, and it has excellent feedback and reviews from verified buyers.
There are a number of other factors to round up with when looking for the best brake pads for jeep wrangler JK.
The rule of thumb is to always go for the best price that you can afford. Don’t go for the cheapest – no matter how tempting that is. While cheaper brake pads may initially help you save some bucks, you cannot really compromise your safety.
You end up saving more in the long-term when you invest in a high-quality brake pad kit.
So, when deciding on what brake pad to buy, it would be wise to consult a mechanic to know whether to choose the same brake pads or make the necessary upgrades.
What Do You Need a Brake Pad For?
A good brake pad provides your vehicle that stopping power. Its benefits don’t stop there, as your brake pads also help absorb heat. So, it wouldn’t be wise to choose a brake pad just because of its price tag. Remember, you always get what you pay for.
Braking performance is very important when determining the best brake pad for your vehicle. Quality should never be compromised with the price, especially if you are looking into the durability and performance factor of a brake pad.
What Should You Look for in a Brake Pad?
When shopping around for a good brake pad, you should look into the quality of the brake pads, as well as the dust and noise it produces. This should also meet your driving behavior or habits. Cars go under varied physical demands, which would also determine the type of brake pad you ought to use.
A low-quality brake pad may be cheaper than high-quality ones, but it would tend to produce a boisterous grinding noise and also wears down easily. In fact, this can even damage other parts of your brake system, which won’t be cost-effective over the long-haul.