Last Updated on February 4, 2021
To recover your ATV, UTV out of any unfortunate situations, you should always have a rescue unit in the back of your ride. I am talking about a Winch to be clear. It is an excellent piece of machinery to have.
Warn is a renowned brand in the winch industry. They have some beautiful series of winches to pull out the different winching job.
Today I am going to introduce you to 2 of their popular series of winches. The Warn Vantage and The Warn ProVantage can be the best solution for your small towing job.
If you decided to compare these two series, then you are in the right place.
You can easily guess that 2 different series will have some differences in features. And that’s exactly what I am going to point out first.
Later, I will review a couple of products from each of those series. For now, let’s put that thought aside and see some comparison.
The individual features and insights will help you in your decision-making process.
Features where ProVantage series beats Vantage series:
- ProVantage series winches come with stain black powder coating but the Vantage winches have flat gray powder coating.
- ProVantage has hooks that are coated with zinc and powder. The Vantage winches only have zinc plated hooks.
- ProVantage series has a lower roller fairlead with a large diameter. On the other hand, the Vantage series is equipped with a standard roller fairlead.
- For the fasteners in the ProVantage series, they used Magnigard coating. In the case of Vantage winches, they used zinc-plated fasteners.
- The gear ratio is higher for the ProVantage series than the Vantage series.
- ProVantage winches are more durable and safe from corrosion than the Vantage winches.
- ProVantage uses a roller disc brake that outperforms the spring break of Vantage winches.
Features where Vantage series beats ProVantage series:
- The Vantage series is more budget-friendly than the ProVantage series.
That’s all the major differences between those two winch series. The only similarity between them is that they both have an IP67 waterproof rating and are fully sealed.
Warn Vantage Winch Series
Warn Vantage series is fully focused on pulling out small jobs. They work best with ATV / UTV/ Truck / SUV. This winch series comes with a pulling capacity between 2000 to 4000 lbs. That tells you about their size too.
Yes, they are small in size. That’s why you can fit them in a compact space like in the back of your ATV.
I have got 2 products of this series that I will review here. But, first, let’s know a little bit more about this winch series, shall we?
Some common features of the Warn Vantage series:
- They come with Planetary Gear Train to ensure high efficiency in performance. That ensures a higher load carrying capacity and a quiet operation.
- Permanent magnet motors installed for a powerful performance.
- Fully sealed to ensure it’s safe from dust and water. For more convenience, they are IP67 rated.
- Aircraft-grade steel rope used for a superior pulling job. There’s also a synthetic rope version available that is much lightweight.
- Dash-mounted control switch, Mini rocker switch, and corded remote for a more comfortable controlling system. All of them work flawlessly.
- Top-quality hawse fairlead that will protect the rope from wearing down. It is totally powder coated.
- They are totally corrosion-resistant, thanks to the flat gray powder coating.
- Long travel dial clutch and easy to handle cam installed.
- The installation part is easy and the operation part will be fast and quiet.
- Has a good line speed.
- Mechanical spring brake used for controlling the winch.
- Comes with all the parts and wire needed to start winching.
The most attractive part of the Vantage series is its price tag. Considering all the features and quality performance they offer, it is a bargain.
WARN 89030 Vantage 3000 Winch
Warn 89030 is an amazing choice for a small pulling or towing job. You can’t go wrong with this one if your job is in between 3000 lbs. Actually, it will work best for a vehicle with 2000 lbs of gross weight.
It comes with a 3-stage planetary gear train to withstand higher load capacity. They used a spring brake to control the towing part.
It comes in two different rope version. One is an aircraft graded steel cable that comes with a roller fairlead and the other one is a lightweight synthetic rope with hawse fairlead. That matching fairlead with cables is a nice touch as they work best in that way.
In the controlling unit, it has a corded remote control and mini rocker switch.
It is completely dust and waterproof with an IP67 rating which is the general case for every winch of the Vantage series as I mentioned earlier.
The price range is very affordable and that makes it an even more interesting choice.
WARN 89041 Vantage 4000-S Winch
Another budget-friendly versatile winch to retrieve your Powersports vehicle safely is the Warn 89041. The gross weight should be equivalent to or less than 2666 lbs. for this one.
The embedded spring brake and planetary 3-stage gear train like the previous one can make it easy for you to control the towing process.
Like other versions, this one also has both roller fairlead for steel cable and hawse fairlead for synthetic rope.
55′ long steel cable or 50′ long synthetic rope is the decision you have to make. I discovered that both were solid and of good quality.
Both the Vantage 4000 and 4000-S model comes with a dash switch and a corded remote control.
Warn ProVantage Winch Series
This one is another series from Warn that can be considered a powerhouse. This workhorse series is built for power sports vehicle related towing job. It also works best with ATV, UTV, and side x side.
Just like the previous series, I will discuss the common characteristics of this series.
The common features of the ProVantage series include:
- The free spooling clutch makes the wire rope pulling out job easier and that also without electric power.
- The winches are totally safe from water as they have an IP67 waterproof rating.
- The body is fully corrosion-resistant thanks to the black powder-coated finish.
- Superior performance from the motor and gear. They run very smoothly.
- The 3-stage planetary gear train is a signature feature of this series.
- The roller disk brake that is patented to their name is another good addition. It makes the towing control part easy.
- Both the steel and synthetic rope version is pretty lightweight comparing to other winches with the same weight line pull capability.
- The line speed is always good whether it is loaded or not.
- A dash switch, remote control, and mini rocker switch come with different models. Not all of these controllers come with one model.
- The package contains all the necessary parts and wires. The installation part is easy too.
- Quiet performance during operation.
- The contactor can be installed anywhere you find suitable.
- Winch drum reduces the risk of rope wear.
- A permanent magnet motor ensures fast and reliable performance.
- Comes with hawse fairlead.
For the downsides:
- The length of the rope is an issue among some users. It should have been a bit longer in their opinion. But I think 50’ works fine for an ATV / UTV pulling job.
Fortunately, that’s the end of the downside list. There is no other major lacking found in this series.
For every winch model, there is a specific mounting plate and this series is also not different. Keep that in mind before buying.
The price tag of this series is a bit on the higher side. But given the features, it comes with and the performance it provides, that pricing is reasonable.
WARN 90250 ProVantage 2500 Winch
Mini dynamite from the Warn ProVantage series is the Warn 90250. The load capacity for this one is only 2500 lbs so you should use it for a vehicle with 1666 lbs gross weight.
The Provantage 2500 comes with steel cable and plow roller fairlead to perform a smooth operation.
On the other hand, the 2500-S comes with synthetic rope and hawse fairlead with double powder coating. The length of the cable is the same though (50 feet).
It is equipped with a 3-stage planetary gear train that ensures an efficient and smooth operation.
The use of a roller disc brake ensures total control during winching.
This model comes with a mini rocker control switch and there is a plug available to use a corded remote. The only problem is that you have to buy the remote separately.
It is a premium option so be absolutely sure that you are comfortable with the cable length and the whole no remote part before purchasing.
WARN 90350 ProVantage 3500 Winch
Now with some added power, Warn offers Provantage 90350 with a maximum pulling capacity of 3500 lbs. Keep the gross weight range around 2333 lbs to get the best output.
This model also comes in 2 different versions. The 3500 and the 3500-S. The difference between those two is exactly the same as the 2500 and 2500-S. I mean the cable and the fairlead part.
Both of them have a roller disc brake that is patented by Warn. Plus, both of them come with a mini rocket control switch and corded remote control. That is a plus point.
The package also has a fairlead plate included.
Both of the series have their pros and cons. I tried to keep the whole detailing part as simple as possible to save your time.
Now if we look closely, we can see that the Provantage series offers improved performance, features, and winching capacity. But it also cuts a big hole in your pocket. If money is no issue for you, go for the Provantage winches without any doubt.
Now for less amount of money, the Vantage series offers almost as close performance as the Provantage. Obviously, the quality won’t be the same but it will save a lot of your money.
So, for those looking for budget winches, Vantage offers the best options.
That is my opinion, of course. You should buy the one that you think will fulfill all your requirements and will fit you best.