Last Updated on January 3, 2021
My #1 Choice
The best x bull winch
If you’re looking for x bull winch and you don’t have the time for intense comparison shopping then get this X Bull 13,000 lbs winch for overall quality and performance.
X-Bull has been in the business for 10+ years. They have gained popularity pretty quickly.
Their winches don’t cost a fortune like other brands so maybe you are wondering if their quality is good, right?
So, I did a research on them, I researched for more than 20 hours actually. I checked everything about them I could, compared with other brands also considered a lot of their previous customer’s opinions.
Using my research findings, I’ve prepared this X Bull winch review. I’m going to review four of their top models, overall quality, also mention their ins & out. At last, I’ll give a conclusion to what I think of their winches and tell wheater you should buy or not.
Once you finish reading this guide, I’m sure you will be able to decide on the feasibility of X-Bull winches against your needs and budget.
By the way, first, check this comparison box below to have a quick look at their winches.
Best X-Bull Winch Comparison Table
Top 4 X-Bull Winches Review
1. X-Bull 12V 13000 lbs Winch Review (Top Pick for Truck/Jeep)
- Waterproof IP67 rated. That means the unit is protected from dust ingress and immersion between 15 centimeters to 1 meter in depth.
- A dust cover is included in the package.
- A separate overload protector device is installed in this unit. It breaks off the power supply when an overload or short circuit occurs.
- I must admire the quality of both the wired & wireless remote.
- The 85 ft synthetic rope is remarkably lightweight.
- It’s easy to install and operate. The wiring is as easy as pie because of the well-colored wires.
- Super cost-effective heavy duty winch compared to other brands in this industry.
- This winch offers relocatable and sealed solenoid.
- Has three-stage planetary gear system.
- A little noisy.
- The instruction manual is ok. But it could have been more pictorial to make it even easier to understand for the non-electrician guys.
This electric winch is a handy solution to get vehicle unstuck effortlessly without costing a fortune. It’s definitely a good option instead of going for a pricey brand like Warn.
This heavy duty X-Bull 13000 lbs winch is capable of pulling over any weight up to 13000 lbs.
But to get the best result ensuring the longevity of the winch and safety at the same time, you should follow a rule of thumb.
You are recommended to use a winch that has at least 1.5 times more weight load capacity than the gross weight of the vehicle.
That’s why you better keep the gross weight of the vehicle up to 8666 lbs when you use this winch.
The battery-operated (battery comes with the package) new generation wireless remote control works well within 98 ft range (as per the company claim).
Practically, it shouldn’t cause any trouble whatsoever within the 60 ft range. Above that, you might feel a bit of trouble.
The wired remote is quite big to grip it comfortably and push the buttons with ease.
The synthetic rope makes this winch a light unit, and the length of the line (85’ or 26 meters) is quite long to fit for heavy-duty jobs. It can float in water, which I believe is a must-have feature for an waterproof IP67 grade winch. This cable works even if it’s -20-degree centigrade.
I liked the easy to turn free spooling clutch lever, it helps a lot for controlling the winching process.
This electric winch cover that comes with the kit is waterproof and fits the winch quite well to keep it from outside materials. Overall this is one of the top winch from X-Bull that is not too pricey yet the quality is really good.
Video: X-Bull 12v 13,000 Winch (Black) in Action
2. X-Bull 12V 12000 lbs Winch Review
- It’s relatively easy to install and operate.
- The package includes two handy wireless remote controls and one wired remote control.
- It comes with a heavy-duty 85’ steel cable going through a 4-way roller fairlead.
- The solenoid is relocatable and all-weather sealed.
- It is equipped with a waterproof IP67 motor.
- Has 3-stage planetary gear system.
- Like every other X-Bull 12v winch, this heavy duty winch also offers an unbeatable price.
- The cable tends to get tangled sometimes.
- Doesn’t have synthetic rope option.
- If it had come with a dust cover, it would have added a great value to the whole package.
As a whole, it’s another good electric winch for recovering anything where a 12000 lb load capacity fits best.
The X-Bull 12v steel cable winch still has a decent load capacity of 12,000 lbs. This winch has plenty of power to recover your vehicle or pull over anything that weighs below 12000 lbs. Best if you keep the weight of the towing object up to 8000 lbs.
It is not as high as the high-end models in the market, but for the price, this is very impressive. Besides, aside from the capacity, all the essential features you need in a winch is present in this model.
This model features a three-stage planetary gear system. In terms of gear ratio, the 256:1 ratio featured in this will not let you down. This just means greater torque, which in turn enables the winch to work more quickly and smoothly.
What’s more, you have the option to use a wired remote or a wireless one, depending on your preference. Both remotes come upon purchasing. You’ll get two wireless remotes and one wired remote.
The 4.5KW, series-wound motor is really powerful. It also has a power in and out feature, which ensures positive load control. The manufacturer incorporated an automatic load-holding feature in this model’s brake system. This adds to the product’s safety.
This particular model features a stainless-steel cable. You do not have to question its durability. The free spooling clutch makes the job easier to get done with. Having a synthetic rope option would be nice.
Even though the company claims this is an IP67 rated winch, still I would like to be cautious to keep it from unnecessary water contact.
3. X-Bull 12V 4500 lbs Winch Review (For ATV/UTV)
- It’s compact and lightweight.
- The unit is IP67 rated, meaning it’s waterproof and protected from dust ingress.
- This winch offers a handlebar rocker switch and wireless remote control. Both work flawlessly.
- It comes with a 50’ synthetic rope, which is pretty lightweight but withstands against tough jobs.
- You can install the solenoid at any suitable place, and it’s sealed to keep it from outside materials.
- The wires are substantially long.
- The whole unit looks solidly built.
- Super inexpensive compared to its competitors.
- The instruction manual has some room for improvement.
- A dashboard switch would have been a great addition to the package.
From my observation, this X Bull 4500 lbs is a high-quality winch and a great option for UTV/ATVs. You can afford it without breaking your bank balance.
Altogether, a good affordable option to get your UTV/ATV unstuck from the mud.
X-Bull 12v 4500 lbs winch is a perfect fit for towing UTV/ATVs if you keep the weight up to 3000 lbs.
This electric winch offers an automatic load-holding brake for your safety. An easy to operate free spooling clutch and a 3-stage planetary gear system provides better controlling for the towing process.
As this one is the same new-generation wireless remote, so you can expect it’s working flawlessly within 60 ft range at least.
Also, it comes with 50 ft synthetic rope which is enough for this load capacity winches. As the synthetic rope is very lightweight, using this on ATV/UTV feels much better than steel cable ones.
In case you are a big fan of steel cable, you can buy the steel cable version straightaway. Everything is the same, just that it has steel cable instead of dyneema synthetic cable; also steel cable version costs less. The length of the steel cable is also 50 ft and it goes through a roller fairlead.
Though this x-bull winch doesn’t come with a dashboard switch, still you have the option to buy a switch separately and use it with this winch.
4. X-Bull 12V 3000 lbs Winch Review
- Compact and lightweight.
- This electric winch is pretty easy to carry along.
- It’s easy to install winch; the operation procedure is not hard either.
- It comes with one new generation wireless remote control, and a handlebar rocker switch — the wireless remote works like a charm.
- You will get a relocatable sealed control box with the kit.
- This winch offers a 49’ steel cable going through a roller fairlead. You have an off the shelf synthetic rope version going through hawse fairlead too for this winch.
- It has the power-in, power-out feature for positive load control.
- It’s quite inexpensive.
- It’s quite noisy.
- The instruction manual is not up to the standard.
I believe this is another good option for your UTV/ATVs that costs very little money. I’m not telling the quality is equal to a brand like Warn. But considering the price, it’s quite good.
Well, if you ask me to vote between the 4500 lbs and 3000 lbs, I will vote for 4500 lbs one. Because if adding a few more bucks gets me a 50% increase, I’m happy to pay that. Anyway, if you are sure that you won’t need more than 3000 lb load capacity then you can choose to go for this 3000lbs one.
X Bull 3000 lbs weight load capacity winch is well capable of towing anything weighing below 3000 lbs. To get the best result, you should keep the gross weight of your UTV/ATV up to 2000 lbs.
It offers standard useful features like other winches. For instance, the 3-stage planetary gear system, and free spooling clutch for better control. An automatic load-holding brake system for better safety.
If you are interested in buying the synthetic rope version of this x-bull winch, here is the link. Everything is the same. Just that the Synthetic version comes with hawse fairlead and costs a few more extra bucks. As expected, the synthetic rope version is even lighter than the steel cable version.
Verdict : Should You Buy X-Bull Winch?
I recommend you to go for the X-Bull brand if you have a tight budget and you want the best bang for your bucks.
These winches are some of the top affordable winch options to go for compared to other pricey brands. For the price, their quality is well worth the money.
If you don’t need a winch for heavy & frequent usages then these are the perfect option. They are pretty durable and will last long enough to make it well worth the money.
However, you shouldn’t expect that you will be getting the highest quality model at this price. You should go for Warn ZEON or Warn VR if your need winch for heavy usage and use too frequently. Although these will cost 3 to 5 times more than X-Bull winches.
About the Brand X Bull
X-Bull is an Australian company, started about 9+ years ago. X Bull is a trustworthy name in the winch industry. They have become famous quickly. No brand can earn such a reputation without producing high-quality products. And X Bull is not an exception either. They gained a good reputation by producing high-quality products.
They are mainly focused on making 4×4 parts such as winches and other recovery equipment. They also make tire valves, tire repair tools, wheel spacers, wheel nuts, wheel weight, and air tools. They have five warehouses in the USA, Australia and Spain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Who makes X-Bull winch?
Ans: An Australia-based company “X-Bull” makes X-Bull winch.
Ques: Where are X Bull winches manufactured?
Ans: X Bull sources the winch parts from China(most other winch brands do the same) then assembles it and sells from their USA, Australia and Spain warehouse.
Ques: Are X-Bull 12v winches waterproof?
Ans: Yes, most of the X Bull winches are waterproof & has a waterproof IP67 rating.
Ques: Are X Bull winches any good?
Ans: X bull makes good-quality winches and comes at an affordable price range. Their winch quality is great at its price point if compared with other brands. They are worth it given the price range.
Ques: How good are X-Bull winches?
Ans: X-Bull winches are durable & easily lasts several years. Their quality may not be the best of the best, at least their quality is above average.
That’s all I had to say. Now it’s all in your pitch. As you have read this x bull winch review, I hope you now know if you should buy x-bull winch or not.